Jersey Cricket Board - National Coach
Fri, Nov 28, 2008 5:13 PM
The Jersey Cricket Board is seeking to appoint an experienced and highly motivated coach to assist with the continued development of cricket in the Island.
It is envisaged that the contract will be for a minimum two year period and will be operational from January to August inclusive in 2009 and 2010 and reviewed thereafter.
The principal responsibilities include:
1. To be responsible for supervising and implementing the cricket coaching activities of the Jersey Cricket Board.
2. To plan, organise and direct the coaching sessions for the National Teams and the individual players involved where appropriate.
3. To establish an effective working relationship with the Jersey Cricket Board, the Representative Committee and National Team Captains with regard to preparations for tournaments.
4. To work across all age groups where possible and provide support to the coaches working with them.
5. To provide reports on the National Teams.
6. To represent the Jersey Cricket Board appropriately in all matters including dealing with the media.
7. To assist with promotional activities and potential sponsors as required.
The successful applicant will be a minimum Level 2 Coach and a competent administrator with excellent communication skills and the ability to manage their own time and work within a small team. The programme will include working in the evenings and at weekends. Due to the nature of the post a police check will be required. The successful applicant will hopefully be ready to commence employment early in 2009.
Letters of application, with CV if possible, should be sent by post or email to Chris Minty, Director of Cricket, Jersey Cricket Board, Fort Regent, St Helier, JE2 4UX.
Closing Date: 6th December 2008