The International Cricket Council (ICC) are recruiting for the position of ICC Regional Development Manager- Europe.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) is the global governing body for cricket. Its Development Programme has specific strategic objectives aimed at the sustainable development and strengthening of the sport globally.
Europe is one of five regional offices within the Pepsi ICC Development Programme. This important role is charged with planning, managing and delivering a range of cricket development programmes across the ICC's 30 Associate and Affiliate Member nations within the Europe region.
The role supervises a team of eight staff and is responsible for managing the regional budget. Functional focuses are diverse and include oversight of the region's international tournament structure, player pathways (grass roots to elite) and cricket education programmes (coaching, umpiring, groundsmanship and cricket administration). Assisting Members to achieve sustainable growth by supporting their governance, administration, revenue raising and cricket promotion efforts is also key.
The successful candidate is likely to possess:
- proven management and administration experience;
- excellent financial control; able to plan, forecast, manage a budget in excess of £1 million;
- outstanding communication and interpersonal skills at all levels;
- the ability to work with stakeholders from different backgrounds across cultural and national identities;
- proven strategic planning and implementation attributes;
- experience in performance management;
- skills in developing partnerships across various sectors including corporate, government, non-government and media;
- understanding of best practice sport development principals;
- a thorough understanding of the game of cricket;
- a relevant degree;
- energy and passion required to inspire others to perform
- independence and a self starter attitude.
Conditions of employment:
- The position is based at Lord's Cricket Ground, London and will report to the ICC Development Programmes Manager who is based in Dubai;
- As part of the role international and domestic travel will be required;
- Remuneration offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 28 August 2011. First round interviews will be held 5-7 September.
Due to the overwhelming number of high quality applicants expected, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please click here
for job description.