Travel to the Croatian island of Vis for cricket this summer
Fri, Mar 30, 2012 7:01 PM
Follow in the footsteps of Griff Rhys-Jones, Rory McGrath and Dara O Briain of the BBC’s ‘3 men go to Venice’. They sampled Vis Cricket (and its wine) in the spring of 2011. This year it’s your chance - travel solo and be teamed up on arrival in Vis, bring a friend along, or maybe you’re a regular in a social team with a space in your calendar.
You can expect a wide range of abilities and nationalities at the 2 inaugural tournaments in early May 2012.
Our aim is to share with you a few days on the small Croatian Island of Vis. It would be selfish to keep it all to ourselves all of the time, it truly is stunning! Whilst cricket in Croatia is still in its infancy we always have fun trying so thought it might be nice to share a week. Expect to meet cricketers from around all over Europe, some will have many years experience, some very little, some old, some young, some that can’t remember, and of course those that carry with them the stories of past cricketing heroics. The two tournaments run almost back to back so you can choose to make it anything from a 3 day, 5 day or 10 day trip.
May 4-6: THE VIS (Vis International Sixes) 6 a-side tournament, everybody gets involved.
May 9-12 THE T10 is an 11 a-side tournament with 10 overs per innings.
We expect be collecting lots of balls from the vineyards.
5 REASONS to fly to Croatia and treat yourself to some social cricket:
1. You know exercise is good for you. Did you know it can boost your mood to allegedly improve your sex life. Cricket does count as exercise.
2. Red wine, in moderation, has long been thought of as heart healthy (lots on Vis).
3. At a time of increased political correctness its still completely acceptable to discuss a wide range of subjects with the opposition batsman in an attempt to blur his/her concentration.
4. After a long cold winter treat yourself to a little sunshine. Research suggests that sunlight stimulates the synthesis of endorphins (good-feeling hormones).
5. There will a few Australian’s at the tournaments and at the time of writing England are the Number 1 ranked Test and T20 team in the world.
You can find out all the details at www.frozentomatoevents.com, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org